Google

Thursday, April 20, 2017

P is for Pardon My French . . .

Pardon my French but,
it feels good to know that
I am a troubadour of the world!


And so, I try to put my whole heart into every performance whether I am happy or with a broken spirit. The stage gives me a reason to feel optimistic. I can declutter my mind for a moment as I box out my troubles with a song.

I release infectious laughter at the end because the joy that took over made me feel really good. I may worry or climb over familiar hurdles every time before I take the stage but the music clamors for my attention and then my focus turns to the song, the lyrics, the notes, the key signature and the audience. And so my alter ego thrives in full immersion.

I am no longer who I was a second ago and the sound art breaks the cycle of who I was and I become who I am in the moment. The doubtful whispers cease and I feel as if the music and I, become one before a score of people.  

I guess this is why my heart rattles like thunder for it. I am psyched with each opportunity to release the passion within. Even on my worst of days or when I am completely exhausted, I get on stage and my day changes into a masterpiece. I get this energy that is unreal and I experience this maniacal grin because I still don’t quite understand it; you’d think exhaustion would pose as a challenge and instead, my alter ego reboots me and I’m with a full battery.

Like for instance, a year ago this week, I was on my way to an exciting performance that I was supposed to do. My friend William Rivers invited me and my band to be on his television show, “Showcased Talent.” And so, I got all dressed up, into my car and was driving on the highway. The highway had a crazy merge from about 10 lanes to one and while merging, a coach bus hit my car. I had to sit waiting for cops to come and attend to us for two hours just to tell my side of the story and fill out a report. I was late to the television studio and still wanted to go do the performance though I was not under the best condition, being stressed and waiting out in the cold for all that time. I still can’t believe I did not cancel after all of that but, it was one of those experiences I will never forget. Check out one of the many songs JNote Band and I did that night together here: https://youtu.be/z7BZHMjQdFk



I try to maintain a thankful spirit. It's no easy street to be a singer with an instrument inside the body that you need to preserve through weather and sickness and drama-filled days and emotions and tiredness. But singing is one of the most delightful things that I do and I am happy with each opportunity to face the toil of what is required to simply vocalize. I have genuine affection for the work because I genuinely love to do it.

Pardon my French but,
it feels good to know that
I am a troubadour of the world!

30 comments:

  1. When I have a broken spirit, I am not able to do anything. It breaks me to my core and leaves me nonfunctional. Kudos that you are able to push through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to really love the work you do. Singing and performing is hard work. Really great you are able to do something you love to do and still make a living from doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The love for your work certainly shows in your talent! Keep doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think when you find something you are passionate about, you are truly on the road to happiness. That shines through with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an amazing story. I can't believe you still did the show after that accident. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing story to show that even if you are down and out there is always hope. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw what an amazing story I love that you laugh with joy at the end of a preformance that is just super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how much you love your work! It really shows in your music and in your stories, like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can tell you really like what you do and take it seriously. very admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire your tenacity and talent. I love reading stories about people pursuing their dreams and taking action. You keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving what you do is so so so important!! I love that you love singing and making music!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to see your videos. The fact that you love what you're doing shows so brightly from your spirit. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome that you love to share your amazing talent with the world. Singing is such a great talent and I love hearing from amazing people with that gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Music is great for the mind, body, and soul in my opinion. There has actually been studies on how music affects our minds in a positive way which in turn affects our bodies and our souls.Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that performing fills your soul in the way it does. This makes me smile so much to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such talent! It's so evident you love what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really put meaning to the quote, "Choose a job you like and you will never work a day in your life." You are on the right path to success!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really admire your dedication to your craft. You are an inspiration to the younger generation who dream of making it big.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to say that I really enjoy reading your posts. It's like I can feel you talking to me. A true performer and artist!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved what you said - your 'heart rattles with thunder' and about releasing the passion within you. You have a wonderful way with words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such inspiring words. Wonderful that you are able to love your dream and speak from your heart

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think your P should be Passion since it totally shines through you! How amazing that you were able to perform after that accident. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You can truly see your love for your work in your posts and in your songs. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think vocalists thrive on sadness and heartache. I think it helps add real emotion to a song that you might not get otherwise. Does that make sense? It probably doesn't, but I know what I mean! You're such an inspirational lady and I love reading your posts :)

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your positivity. Indeed everyday is a good day and opportunity for us to make ourselves better. -ANOSA

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwww you can really tell how much you really love your work due to all of your hard work and dedication. Keep on rockin girl!

    ReplyDelete
  27. "Pardon my French" is my son's favorite thing to say when she pass gas lol.

    On the serious side, great job, your hardwork is paying off.

    ReplyDelete