Google

Friday, April 7, 2017

Hashtag IG Live

I guess we all tend to change with the times. I mean, who wouldn’t when we are all devoted to being our own personal best which may come with going with the trends that are currently #hashtag making noise. 

So the new form of communication seems to be going live and letting the social world into the moment so they can live the story with you. You can serve elaborate affairs, up-close-and -personal, with the world so they can understand your implication of truth more than just seeing a picturesque landscape of it.





I hesitated using it or to even watch the live feeds for a while 
because I didn’t want the idea to take over my mind. But I decided to try it while at a band rehearsal and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. 

actually was once encouraged to start a Youtube Vlog series which I  entitled The Rehearsal Mode of JNote,
showing different aspects of how I practiced my vocals and rehearsed in a sort of television sitcom type of way with scenes and commercials and everything. At that time, I had recorded, edited and published 15 episodes with the first being three minutes long and the 15th being about 
15 minutes long and it was fun to do.  But today, I shook the 
rehearsal mode thing up a bit and was softened into trying the live thing on Instagram for myself.



Here is what I found out…



So you get an hour of time to record live and share it with whomever is willing to watch on Instagram. I am used to having rehearsals with different bands I work with when nobody is watching but today, in spite of the burning questions I have about the live thing that instantly disappears after you are done recording, I took the risk and I did it.

Could a person actually affect another person by doing something differently and allowing those interested to be a part of it? Could you actually rock the world by being live? What if you stumble and fall when people across continents are there as a witness, virtually watching?


I found out that people are generally interested and actually took the time to see what was going on. Some liked. Some commented. I put my whole heart into the rehearsal mode that we were in and folks complimented the band, the sound, my singing, the music and it was interesting. 


I will call this a flowering of my strengths over my fears because I mustered the courage to do it. But my question is, while I am making these big, brave strides, what happens to the video? Is it really erased after it is shared and commented and liked and watched, like a snapchat photo? Perhaps it lands upon the moon. Or maybe it slides down a rainbow into a garden full of four leafed clovers. Can someone please tell me the cold, relentless truth about Instagram Live? 

Are you on instagram?  Join me! My username is musiqal1 and I would love to IG with you


17 comments:

  1. I don't really understand this reality concept of people thinking they need to know about the lives of people. I think this started with reality tv reach I never watch or got into. If it works go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on Instagram, but I've never done a live video before. I can see how people would love watching a singer/band rehearse to see what it's all about. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live video makes me nervous too, but I do watch it! It is cool to see everything as it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried doing a live video, I think I'm a little intimidated by it. I do like to watch other people so maybe at some point I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thought of going live absolute frightens me. I do share a lot on social media, but I like to edit and censor where necessary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going live makes me so nervous. I can only imagine that rehearsing live would really stress me out. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not tried using any live feed before. I just feel silly. Even if I talk using the video snapchat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried it but it sounds like it is something I should try. I've always shied away from video, specially live video of any kind but I really need to get out of my comfort zone and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great that you have found another venue to get others to appreciate your music. I have seen when live feeds happen. Just need to check them out more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is kind of an amazing new way to use Instagram live. I have had a chance to use it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to utilize that feature especially if you're a public figure. It's a great way to get closer to your fans. I've never used it, just FB live but I think it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not tried using FB or Instagram Live. I might consider this if I had some kind of knowledge to impart, or talent to share. But as of now, I think I'd settle for photos. Good for you that you can confidently use the feature. More snippets of your great talent to share to wider audiences!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of seeing you rehears and warm up, I like any behind the scenes experience. I allows me to see the process of the talent! Doing live videos scares me to even talk in them, I am sure singing is nerve racking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never tried going live yet on Instagram and never thought of trying this time. Maybe for you it is okay so your followers can be updated even during your rehearsals. -ANOSA

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've gone live on Instagram before - even if it was a bit daunting! I love watching other people's live videos though so this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think going live especially for an artist is awesome and very beneficial. I would love to do it but too shy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is fun. I never ttied going live before even on FB. I want tk try in the future.

    ReplyDelete