Google

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

N is for Navigating Through Life

“As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration.
Other people and other people's ideas are often better than your own.
Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you,
spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”
-       Amy Poehler

Something I learned this week, though we are only halfway through it. You have your
ideas on how things should go and others have theirs. But no opinion is wrong. Sometimes, other people's views might enhance you and make the situation and experience better, so it is important to keep an open mind and to not invalidate what someone else might have to offer. 

Just because you have always done something in a specific way does not mean that it is always the right way. But just because someone else interjects their thoughts does not make it wrong either.

Navigate through life with an opinion because it is valid and important. Don't let anyone ever make it seem like your thoughts are invalid. Believe in what you have to say or contribute because it is equally important and may influence minds. But also don't be closed-minded about trying something different. Change is good and the only thing in the world that remains the same, besides the silence of mind if you could meditatively achieve it. Change happens and sometimes you just have to flow with it and entertain the idea of it!


New Music Coming Soon!



10 comments:

  1. Love that quote from Amy. I learned that lesson, about finding out who I should have in my circle and who I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collaboration and partnerships are a big factor in all type of successes. They help fill the gaps we each lack with the skills from others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel partnerships are like friendship they work to support us and help us when we need it. It's a give and take type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be open to change - life is about change. So many times, other people's ideas have impacted my life for the better. Had I done it my own way all the time, I'm not sure where I'd be now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you said, "You have your
    ideas on how things should go and others have theirs. But no opinion is wrong. " Some folks just don't get that, and they don't need to get defensive if you don't agree with them. To each there own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and I fully agree with everything! I believe being open minded and nonjudgmental to ideas and others are the key to real happiness through life, peace within oneself, and being successful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great food for thought! We have to be open to listening to other ideas, but we have the freedom to make the decisions we feel are best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great way to look at working with others. I agree so much in looking to others and how they can better a situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to do more collaborating. I find my introverted nature often gets in the way of that, but there will always be someone better at things and there will always be someone with different/unique perspectives so partnering is important.

    ReplyDelete