Google

Monday, October 16, 2017

Who Inspires Me To Think Of The Endless Possibilites

 “An appearance of prosperity attracts attention always, 
with no exceptions whatsoever” 
(Napoleon Hill)


I grew up with the intense experience of being compared to my older sibling and so my whole life, I tried to be the boisterous audience, watching her and drawing nourishment from her influence.

I wanted to be like her volcanic self. She was cool. She was popular. She was beautiful and she had this supple rhythm to her life that made me want to take a quantum leap away from who I was. Her intelligence was just the tip of the iceberg. She found ways to caress the hearts and minds of our parents and impressed them on every level.

But I came to terms with the idea that we might never be the same because we were so different. She knew how to extend herself individualistically and get things done. I did things in my own customary fashion but never with the concerted effort that she would put into it to get things done in the fashion she did and in the time that she did.

She has always had a great influence on me. With thought and care, she followed through on her goals and made things happen and never seemed to lose that sense of continuity. Nope! She absorbed a nice groove and kept it steady on the beat.

I look up the balance of my life and consider all the intense experiences that I have lived through. She has always been an intrinsic part of my life except my days were spent more with this turbulent sensibility. I lived my life on the brink. I danced to the rhythm of my own songs. I lived with all these emotional struggles which I guess you can call middle-child syndrome.  And the only thing that made my heart flutter was the beauty of nature, books, food and high-voltage music. I was growing up as a future artisan of the world and still with a penetrating influence from the only big sister I would ever have. I can honestly say that of the good things that I planted my feet on, the flurry of activity was often guided by what I thought might gain me a glorious response from her. She was living this model life and I was living with the penchant for getting on the stage and caressing a ballad with a live orchestra. Yet she always had forward momentum and I was battling all the negative energy that would be conjured up in my mind that somehow held me as prisoner in the space and time of the lewdness of my youth where it had happened.

So, I can honestly say that being around my sister is to be in an atmosphere of
tremendous power. She creates ideas in me that opens doors to new life. I can only hope to be like her one day. And then one day out of nowhere, when my parent comes and explores my world while I am on the stage giving all of me into a performance, it leaves me feeling strong and accomplished and that somehow, I used her modally based improvisation in my life to get their hearts propelling towards me with interest. All I know is that having a big sister in my life has definitely made me tweak my design a bit and lately has raised my morale. I guess you can say that you should never let family fall out of your favor because even if it is with a briskness of tempo that it takes them to come around and think that you are more than the equivalent of a tough Monday morning, when they turn their attention towards you, it is like the joie de vivre to feel valued in their presence.


Thankful for my sister. Thankful for her influence on me. And thankful to have a reason to even try; even if the bedrock of my work is to try to impress the people who made me feel at home in my own house when I was growing up all ebullient and innocent. But, even until this moment and seeing her thrive and thrusting through with this ferocious intensity and with this rhythmic acuity, makes me want to push harder with a jolt of urgency to be like her. She gives me a reason to think of the endless possibilities if I never give up. Today, I am clapping enthusiastically for her as she celebrates life. Pardon my outpouring of words but you deserve to know the truth; you inspire me and thank you for the wellspring of influence you provide for me. Hope your day is all that and more.  

26 comments:

  1. What your relationship has grown into with your sister is truly beautiful. I don't have a sister and sometimes wish I did. I am the oldest of three. It is good to see that she is your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I enjoy being a big sister too though and appreciate my youngest sibling for everything she is

      Delete
  2. I am so thankful that my parents raised me the way that they did - because I am a VERY motivated person. I believe that their own ambitions truly shaped who I am as a person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. It’s not that I am not motivated. It was her birthday and it was really a kind of way to tell her how much she is appreciated.

      Delete
  3. I have an older Sister and it has been amazing. She has taught me so much about life over the years. You have a beautiful relationship with your Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two older sisters so this has meaning to me. I was able to visit my sisters last weekend, first time in ten years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great. Happy that you have s great relationship with them as well.

      Delete
  5. Your sister sounds like an amazing person! She has inspired and influenced you in so many wonderful ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds like an amazing relationship and its beautiful that you shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post. Love the relationship with you and and your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful love the relationship you have with your sister! Do not ever forget that you are here for a purpose and you are just as admirable as your sister! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your sister have a great bond. The way you wrote about her shows how much she means to you and how much you love her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I have three older sisters, and always strived to be like them even though we are so different. Glad you have such a great source of inspiration in her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sister sounds like an amazing person. I hate that you were constantly compared to your brother growing up. I've went through that as well. But there were only two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great how you look up to your sister and admire her. That's so nice that she inspires you and motivates you to live up to your potential.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you have a wonderful sister that has provided you with a lot of insight and inspiration. Although I am the older sister and my family, my younger sister has inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is sweet to know that your sister is your greatest influencer. It is beautiful beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is always great to see such amazing relationships between siblings. My sister and I are also very close and she inspires me in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Elder sisters are always inspiration for younger sisters. I also get inspiration from my sister who is always a role model for me.Love your story and relationship between you too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The is a great tribute to your sister. I know have have three sisters and each one inspires me in different ways. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely things you have said about your sister. It is wonderful what your relationship has turned into over the course of all these years. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete