Google

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

100 Different Songs by 100 Different Artists and a Potpourri of Styles and Genres From All Around the Globe

The idea of finding 100 different songs, each from different artists was not an easy challenge; but I like challenges and so, I did it.

Music Choices

How do you know if you like an artist if you never listen to their music? And how do you know which song is your favorite from the artist if you only listen to one song?  


And how do you know that you will not enjoy the quality of sound just because it is not on vinyl? And how do you know if you will not enjoy a genre of music if you never give it a chance?



ION Profile LP Vinyl-to-MP3 Turntable

I know a good amount of indie artists and that made the challenge to finish this newly created playlist a little bit easier because I got a chance to finally and completely indulge in their sounds; some of them for the first time and that was a joy to hear. But then there were some artists that I had never heard of and just came across on some of the social media networks and it was like opening up another world into music and I just loved it. Took a while to get to 100 but finally; I did it! 

My Top 100



So here it is, my Top 100. The challenge got me into listening to more music that was not already in my music library which is my usual thing and that was cool because it forced me to break out of the force field of routine.  You can check it out on spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/user/22hsqdduuzk6igxvrtw5l6iiq/playlist/3FFUhnNn9IAK2x2YBBEHdg




If you are looking for some new sounds to check out, put this playlist on and just let it play out. You’ll hear 100 different songs by 100 different artists and a potpourri of different styles and genres from all around the globe.

52 comments:

  1. This is anazing! I like listening to music I am not familiar with while working. it helps me focus! Would definitely put this playlist on sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music, I can definitely listen to any genre as I enjoy different songs or whatever song suits my mood for the day. Thanks for sharing your playlist, I wouldn't mind going through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool to hear. Tell me what you think if you do.

      Delete
  3. Fernanda Noronha! Yes, I'm so glad to see one of her songs in your list. She's a great artist and I absolutely love her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is awesome. I met her in Minsk during the summer and she has such a bubbly personality off and on the stage. I absolutely love her music. She is an amazing artist.

      Delete
  4. That is a really long list of new songs to discover. I always listen to the same tune so it is good that I read your post and can now expand my musical horizons. Music is so relaxing also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to do the same thing. That made this challenging for me trying to find and discover new music to love. And I found quite a few.

      Delete
  5. The list is so well sorted... Though I don't have heard many of them still it is a really nice collection.. I must say..Have you heard Akon"s Freedom song? It's fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Akon. He has such a nice a different sound which is really refreshing for me.

      Delete
  6. I need to do this challenge! I'm stuck in a rut from music from 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love music as well! My taste is very all over the place lol. But I mostly listen to older blues and love songs. With the occasional pop lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too. I'm old school all day most of the time. LOL!

      Delete
  8. What an awesome playlist, I am listening to it while I am working on things at my desk. Also so lovely that you found some new artists you'd never heard before. I am guilty of listening to the same things too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is cool. Thank you for listening to it.

      Delete
  9. Looks like a great play list, I love Indie music!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the playlist! Definitely not my style typically but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know a lot of these songs. But will definitely check them out, looks like fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to add more songs to my playlist. I need to check out some of these artists that I'm not familiar with

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found some songs like I like. I could add some of these to my playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an interesting playlist. Will definitely check this out. I think I need to add some songs to my ipod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. These songs are all unique and beautiful in their own way.

      Delete
  15. This is a cool playlist. I’m always looking for new songs to listen to so thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing playlist, I listened to top few and really like your choice. Adding these to my listen later list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to check these songs out ... I am still listening to what I grew up on.

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is quite the amazing list of artists and songs! I have an eclectic music style too with many genres in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like I have some new songs to check out! Thanks for sharing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is super, love various types of music and finding something new to listen to is always great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love finding new music and I've been listening to a lot of playlists lately so this is awesome! Can't wait to give it a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love music, especially while driving, relaxing or even washing the dishes! Your playlist probably has something for every situation!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love listening to music one of my stress reliever. I will definitely check and listen on your playlist to hear some beautiful songs that I haven't heard before.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a nice long list of music for me to explore! Love discovering new artists.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is a nice list and mix of songs first time i've heard most of them. It's nice to try new things never know what you might find.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love a lot of different styles of music. This is so great to mix it up with all different types.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice reccomendation! I haven't listened to all of them yet. But some are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  28. My daughter and I love to hear new music! This is a great list of suggestions we can try.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing this playlist. Never heard of most of them so will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete