Google

Thursday, February 22, 2018

On the Black Panther Movie


Black Panther the movie will have you streaming with perspiration like you are on a treadmill in a gym because it is action-packed and so hot that you won't be able to help it. 


As my friend and I were walking into my neighborhood theater in Brooklyn, people were walking out from the previous showing of this film talking about how great it was. I am going to try my best to formulate my enthusiasm into words without spoiling it for those who have yet to see this amazing movie.

There is nothing new under the sun. Marvel Comics have been producing some of the best films I have seen in theaters for years. I loved Wonder-woman, Thor, The Amazing Spiderman and the Avengers a lot. But here, we have a fresh perspective that arouses the audience’s attention with new twists to familiar plots, except not so familiar because of the setting and the people who are being represented.

Now, if you are like me and go to the movies, you might be someone who often finds yourself getting up in the middle to head on over to the lavatory which causes you to miss some great content. Or perhaps, you are someone who sometimes sinks into lethargy in the middle of a great movie because your choice of time to go to catch a good flick is after a day of toil when you have only but the remaining flicker of your strength. Black Panther however, will not allow you to miss a beat of it because of all the excitement that is involved that will somehow force you to make a frantic effort to pay attention.

The wild and distant region in West Africa known as Wakanda is the setting. What comes with the territory is the beautiful fields, the Amazon warriors with their swords and fighting skills, the breathtaking landscapes, West African cultural practices and music, a royal kingdom and its most aristocratic people in their majestic, tribal fashion and one of the most sophisticated advances of technology that the world has ever seen, though Wakanda is considered by outsiders as “the poorest country in the world.”

As with any of the Marvel comic heroes, the Black Panther uses his superhuman strength and emotional investment to go boldly to the task to defend the land and the people, in the face of crisis. 

Chadwick Boseman portrays the role of King Dijala and does a great job in showcasing the strength of the black panther who has been preparing his whole life to lead and manifest faith in his people as their respected king. He is the ethical representative of the republic with a great deal of responsibility to handle the undiluted nonsense that comes in and tries to demolish the people of Wakanda's masterpiece of existence, which prompts action from the king and his army to fight to escape the clutches of ruin. 

Other memorable actors in this film are Angela Bassett who portrays his mother, Forrest Whitaker who plays the role of his uncle, Michael P Jordon who plays the role of one of the antagonists and Lupita Nyong’o who portrays the love interest of the Black Panther.

If you love a movie with lots of action, Black Panther has it. I love the fighting scenes. You can feel the force of each blow as you watch and are entertained by the suspenseful and thrilling scenes. Being moved from scene to scene became like a routine that never wavered. 


The story built with intensity as in an oral history being retold by a Griot to a child alongside a pile of wood being burnt to the beating of Conga drums.  The series of events the Griot shares under the cover of the night, are something that you may crave to hear again a few times because of the intensity of the story being told; especially with the 3-D effects.

With all the airing out of opinions that I heard of Black Panther, it was only a matter of time before I would take the leap to find out what the buzz was all about. This movie about the heroic soul, meshed well with me and suited my purpose. It was one of the best movies I could have ever expected to watch. I would say, this movie is so worth seeing, but if you want to know more about the Black Panther, maybe you want to acquaint yourself with this superhero first and then go. Check out:



My favorite lines from Black Panther Movie:

Guns, so primitive!” (Such perfect timing to hear a thought like this; especially with all the recent sad events that have taken place in Florida.)

&

You cannot let your father’s mistakes define you. You must be the one to decide what kind of King you are going to be!” (This definitely inspired lots of meaning for me to be able to carry on with motivation for whatever lies ahead on this journey of life.)



Black Panther Inspired This Week’s Jazz on the JNote




This week on my radio show Jazz on the JNote, we continue our black history series on Sunday, February 25, 2018 and celebrate those black conquerors who pushed boundaries in the world of acting. There are so many television shows and movies that have dramatically affected my life because people who looked like me were being represented on the big screen and changed the face of acting to sumptuous entertainment for people with black skin; many of which I watched with eyes of love.

This week’s show was inspired by the wonderfully penned Marvel comic screenplay, Black Panther, that is unlike any other because of its featuring a black superhero, images of black aristocratic people well bedecked with jewelry and fine clothes, and talks about issues concerning black people of this world.

Here is How You Can Listen

Tune in Sunday February 25, 2018 
7:00 PM EST http://www.theenglishconnectionmedia.com  (worldwide)
7:30PM EST WNYE 91.5FM (NY, NJ, CT)

Thank you for stopping by my blog. If you are interested, Jazz on the JNote is on Facebook. Like our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jazzonthejnote/



33 comments:

  1. I've seen lots of press coverage about this movie, and loved reading your thoughts on it! I really need to go see it, its sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I was driven by all the talk about it to go see this movie.

      Delete
  2. I have been seeing a lot about Black Panther. My boys are excited to see this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the movies in YEARS. I'm too cheap and too old. I like to wait until they come out on Blue Ray. Just about the same cost as 2 movie tickets and can be watched over and over again. I'm sure that my grown sons' will go see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had been three years of not going until last year when I was at the movies like every month.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen it yet, but the quote of our father's mistakes is powerful. Those words should definitely be digested by all that hear them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! That is why I loved the quote so much. Very meaningful.

      Delete
  5. I keep hearing so many good things about this movie, but I didn't had time to go to the cinema and see it yet. I hope I will soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this movie around lots, it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read so many posts about Black Panther. So much, that I had to watch it. I loved the mobie. It was really good.

    I will be tuning in on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I am looking forward to vibing with you then.

      Delete
  8. I have only ever heard anything good about Black Panther, it definitely seems like the most see movie of the year so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will win lots of awards for this one.

      Delete
  9. That movie was an cinematic experience. I loved the story, costumes and all the good looking men in it.

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. Yes! They were some hotties up in this movie. Yummy to look. LOL! Can't wait for the Avengers movie. They will be in it too.

      Delete
  10. I have read so many posts about Black Panther that my expectations and excitement are really building up! I can't wait to go see it! I am super excited now! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me tell you that it was when I as sitting there and watching it that all the excitement really crept in and everything started to make sense.

      Delete
  11. I have heard a lot of great things about the Black Panther. I really want to take my son to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This review is great. The movie is a must see. Maybe I will see it this weekend if I can get tickets. They are selling out everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This movie is breaking all records and getting such good reviews. Its on my list to see

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am already so excited to watch this most talked about movie. And now read your wonderful review. Getting crazy now to feel the pulse myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard so much about this movie...It hasnt released here yet but will definitely watch it when it does!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband and I can't wait to see Black Panther. We watch all these kinds of movies and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still haven't seen Black Panther, but I can't wait! I've heard so many great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed the movie. I definitely want to go see it again and again and again!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm actually going to go watch it in a few hours! It is nice to see your opinion and get another perspective while watching. I'm excited as I wanted to watch it last weekend but tickets were sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm actually pretty excited to see Black Panther and the Venom movie coming out this fall. Both Marvel flicks look entertaining to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We almost went to watch the movie last week but changed our plans last minute. Surely going to watch soon after reading this review.

    ReplyDelete