Google

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Musicals Color Me Home

I have loved the movie Polly since I was but a little girl.





The made for TV movie Polly was a 1989 adaptation of the book Pollyanna by Eleanor H Porter featuring Keisha Knight Pulliam portraying a young girl who just lost her mother and was left having to find her way from Detroit to her aunt “Polly’s” home (portrayed by Phylicia Rashad) in Alabama.

I guess it is for a few reasons that loved the movie so much that I had been searching on-line for it for a long time and found it on Amazon. But, I have not watched it in a while. For one, I was and still am a big fan of The Cosby Show and find myself watching the series on Amazon Prime a lot. I am on Season seven now but not from binge watching. There are days I go with no TV at all. But when I do turn my television on, that is usually the thing I watch when I am lying in bed and resting before my night’s slumber.



The other reason is I love musicals. Musicals color me home. The joy of the music and the dancing always seems to make me smile. I can't help but smile watching The Sound of Music or Stormy Weather. Those are my top two favorite movies of all time. 

The songs by Walt Disney Records in Polly are just beautiful. My favorite ones featured are "Rainbow Maker" and "Sweet Little Angel Eyes." And then the dance routines are so entertaining. 

The third reason might possibly be that when I was younger, people used to tell me I looked like Keisha Knight Pulliam (the lead in the movie Polly) and so, people used to call me Rudy in the first couple of my grade school years. I think in the eight-year span of grade school, The Cosby Show was the show that I never wanted to miss on Thursday nights at 8 PM and with it lasting eight years, it lasted my whole span of my primary school days.

Today is the first time I watched it in a long time and today is also the first time that this film made me cry. Now, there is nothing sad in the movie at all. It is just a cute musical film with dancing, singing and positive vibes yet, I found myself in tears while in movie mode.

Does this happen to anyone else or am I the only one who watched a movie and tears just start flowing for the happy endings? LOL! This is such a touching film and if you never have watched it, maybe you should because it is a great movie. You can check it out here:  https://www.amazon.com



 


What is your favorite movie and if any? Do you ever cry while watching films? And if so, which one do you need a box of tissues to be next to you while watching? 

10 comments:

  1. I have never actually seen this movie. I sometimes cry when I watch movies as well. This movie looks like a good one to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get emotional sometime. While watching movie if some scene touches me deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get a little teary-eyed when watching some movies.The one I remember off bat is The Notebook. Remember the scene where the woman could not recall the husband cos she has Alzheimer's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen Polly, so I'll have to check it out. I don't cry while watching it, but the Wizard of Oz is a great memory from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this movie before and it looks so interesting to watch. I will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of this movie but I definitely want to see it now...I will have to look and see where I can find it locally. Shell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never watched Polly but I loved the idea of main focus of the movie.. I will surely give it a watch if become possible..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that you like musical... hope you've checked out the latest one called the Greatest Showman. I think it's better than Lalaland, and the songs are way more beautiful and memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an interesting movie. I have never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love musicals too and any shows where they are good songs you can sing along too and feel the emotion of the story! Hairspray has to be one of my faves! Not seen Polly before but sounds good!

    ReplyDelete