Google

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Happy National Poetry Month

 It is National Poetry Month; a month I hold dear to my heart because I am a poet.


I started writing poetry in the fifth grade and then challenged myself to write 5000 words with which I would publish a book of poetry. And I did.

I write to clear my mind. I write to pass the time. I write when times are enjoyable and I write when I feel like I am walking blind.

Whenever I storm with ideas, I put my pen to the paper and scribe away. Sometimes it comes out as a poem and sometimes as a song. Then there are times when a short story is birthed out of my storming.

Some of my favorite moments is when I get carried away by poetic imagery. I find the art of writing poetry very enriching and a joyful experience. It is one of the reasons I pursued English as a major and my primary reason for babbling along. But enough of that; I want to get your feet wet with a sample of my writing.   

 

Line after line after line

By Stephanie Jeannot


I like to stay in my undisturbed space

When I’m cooped up at home

I like to head outdoors onto the grass

And sit there with my thoughts alone

I feel ecstatic when I can

operate creatively there

I add unto my eclectic repertoire

Fingerprints of truth

Stored in my mind among the wares

I’ve encountered people from all walks of life

That made contributions to my being

Some provided a layer of support

And some that brought winds of change

That made many moments disappointing

Still my mind goes spiraling forward

And I write in those allotment of times

Every release is a new beginning

Line after line after line

 

 

Thank you for reading a sample of my poetry. If you are interested, I do have a poetry book available of Amazon.com. I invite you to check it out. It is entitled  And Then There Was The Music: Musical Poetry Collection and an Essay 
 

Thank you for reading and happy National Poetry Month!

PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment