Google

Thursday, August 30, 2018

K is for Keeping Your Sanity

I will admit it. There are times when I am not my best because stress has got me all discombobulated and the best thing for me to do, is take time away from the very things that are causing me to be less than 100% to clear my mind. 

Gotta Go

I was sitting at home at my desk one day and I received a plethora of phone calls, both good and bad. The bad ones seemed to hit a chord that instantly warped me into a dronish mood. The saying goes when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  And so I did!

I needed to relieve the stresses of some of the things that tried to steal my joy and so, I packed my bags and was on the next morning flight out of there to visit one of my favorite places where all I experience there is a wealth of inspiration and recharging for the road ahead. Talk about lemonade. I think it was flavored so well that I could not help but put my words into a song. It is entitled "Gotta Go." 

All lyrics are my lyrics. Music by Paul Garrod. Please check out the full length video here: 
https://youtu.be/vnsqyqGqpJU 




If you are like me, then you might be someone who goes and takes a walk to prevent an outburst or maybe you get into your car and drive two hours away to your favorite park where you can enjoy moments of peacefulness and solitude. 

One of the places that calms me is the beach. Once I am on the sand and the sun kisses my skin all over, I am in this happy zone that feels simply beautiful. And then I dip my body into the ocean and for a moment, all that matters is how refreshing the water really is. 

The other place is the nail salon. These are just some of the few ways that I have found that help me to cope with the world and all that comes with it, so that I can be back at 100% without losing too much of myself while on this journey called life.  What is your favorite place to be refreshed & renewed?

30 comments:

  1. I feel ya! I’m a beach and nail salon kind of girl. Best place to relax and unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I feel the need to disconnect, I just drive around with no destination in mind. I stay away from the city, though. I don't want to lose my sanity in the traffic. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Traffic is one of the things that really does stress me out. Lol! I totally get that.

      Delete
  3. I am not much of a beach person. I prefer sitting on my porch with a cup of coffee and just enjoying a quiet time alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you on that coffee because I love it so much that it relaxes me too.

      Delete
  4. I agree, the beach helps calm me too. Or reading a good book. Sometimes we all need a break so we don't go nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Swimming through pages of a good book does add some great energy to my life.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful song! Your voice gives me a neosoul vibe! I’m with you on the beach. I love going first thing the morning or as the sunsets to be alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunsets are my favorite thing to see. So beautiful. So calming.

      Delete
  6. When I'm feeling down or like I'm losing control I head to a bookstore, go for a long drive or just turn off all the lights and listen to a playlist I created. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the ability to hop on a flight to just get away when life throws some lemons. My favorite places to relax and refresh are my parent's lake house in Maine, a quick trip down the road to Walt Disney World or sometimes the comfort of my own bed with Roku remote in hand (while in PJ pants).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walk, run, nap...all serve the same purpose usually. Walking/Running usually does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yessss! I always have to take a walk to calm myself down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love going to the beach as well to unwind. Water is always so calming to me. The nail salon is nice, but I like natural lighting more and I feel confined in a nail salon sometimes (the places near me are very small).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually feel that riding the bike disconnects me from everything. And sometimes even working in the garden does the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. not many beaches around my place, to enjoy it, so i manage with things, which i have access to, like walking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your backyard singing, so sweet and nice video you have there. I too love sea and beaches and sun. Thanks the video, you have shown the other side of the world to me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. Thank you for telling me that.

      Delete
  14. Guess I'm like you. Whenever I fell so stressed up, I take a walk to distress and it really works for me. I love walking to some waterfalls around home and it's just great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel you, when I am stressed but I put my headphones on and hit the gym. It helps me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The beach is def a great place to relax and get ourselves together! Love this video ty for sharing your beautiful voice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stress can really make us sad and think of negative things. I have learned that our mind is designed to think and sometimes, too much thought stresses us. To counter it, we need not seek for perfection but aim for progress instead.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you that you can just pack your bags and find a good place for you. Some of us are not that lucky. I am also frustrated now because I cant stand or sit. For 3 days I just lay on bed because of my sciatica. Let's appreciate what we have some more. :D God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. That is painful; I know. How about sleeping with the pillows under your feet as opposed to under your head. That might help a little bit. Hope you feel better. A good hot bath with epsom salt is good for that too. either way, hope you get better soon.

      Delete
  19. I find the beach super relaxing! Also, going for a ride on my bike is so soothing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been bike riding in years but I used to enjoy that.

      Delete
  20. To keep my sanity, I go outside and enjoy the nature or go for a spontaneous vacation. Sometimes, urban life is crazylicious!

    ReplyDelete