Google

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

G Is for Getting Gowns On-Line




When I go to a clothing store, most of the time, I go with a purpose of buying that certain item I need and then keep it moving. I call it shopping with a purpose. 

So many things about shopping at a physical store that I appreciate. I love being able to touch the fabric and to look at the material and try things on to make sure they are perfect for my body. And interactions with people who are willing to give their opinion is kind of nice too because you can have human interaction and a different point of view than yours. 

And then when I am homeward bound I feel satisfied because I got exactly what I went out for and I do not have to look no further.

But then, while on my computer and I see ads for gorgeous dresses at an on-line shop and I am like, "oh! I want that dress." The look of it seems so promising and so does the ridiculously cheap price. 

Just seeing the beautiful image makes me want to trust that it is the right dress for me and I am driven to go through the motions of buying it; only to receive it in the mail and it turns out to be  an awful experience that makes me want to not shop on-line at all; for clothes anyway.


Has this ever happened to you?

Getting Your Gear On-Line
If you are shopping in the virtual reality realm, there are a lot of things to consider.

To shop on-line for clothes requires lots of patience. For one, you cannot touch the fabric like you are used to  and have to wait until you get it. You can’t try it on until it is delivered to your mailbox and sometimes those size charts are off the mark. I mean, how can a dress for woman who normally wears a size 8 dress also be a 2XL based on an on-line designers configuration? 

I call this kind of shopping experience, "organized chaos.

Another example of this is when you see a style and the beauty of the clothing item seems like it would be perfect for an up-coming event you have in four weeks and you order it. 

Then, you wait and wait and wait only for  the clothing item to come eight weeks later because it got "lost in transit," and boom, an experience you weren’t hoping for happened.



And so, the biggest mystery when buying clothes on-line is if you will be left feeling satisfied. But sometimes, it is worth taking a chance.  

I have had my fair share of disappointments when trying to get gowns to wear for my musical events so that I can strut across the room or stage feeling fabulous and beautiful. I can't tell you how many times I have returned a dress because it didn't look like the photo that represented it at all, the material was awful or it didn't fit nice. But to try again and get a dress that I just love made everything better. 

Glossing Over Glamour 

When I look at the beautiful men and women who used to gather into speakeasies and jazz clubs in the best of silks, satins, ermines and pearls to show that people of color are beautiful, I sometimes feel impelled by them to follow their example; especially when I sing jazz.



And so, there are times when I find myself exploring different websites and experimenting with their gown options and deals because I do not always have time to be inside an actual store. Amazon has been one of those stores I tend to shop for clothes at and I will admit, I have had good experiences and bad experiences; but more good than bad. Thank God for good return policies. 

But the best shopping experiences were the dresses that I did not have to return for any reason, that fit right, and that were being sold via Prime where two days later, my dress was in my closet and ready for me to strut in. If you are not a member of Prime and want to take advantage of some of the exclusive deals they have and the free two day shipping, click on this link to find out more about it here: 


I will say this, I have not always dressed my best and sometimes have not looked like I was the artist on the stage, but I know that I am clothed with power from on high even without the perfect dress or outfit on because I was fearfully and wonderfully made. Adding a splash of color to my environment by being dressed correctly for the shift makes me feel empowered, royal and sexy.



Gown Shopping On-Line

Perhaps you are like me and are looking for a gown for an event. Don’t be afraid to shop on-line for one, even if you are not used to it. 

If you have never shopped on-line for clothes before,  I would advise you to look at the sizing charts, the ratings and comments from previous buyers who shared their honest opinions about the look, the fit and the actual item that they purchased that you might want to get. Some shoppers even rate the sellers and their experience with the amount of time it took between buying and receiving their products. 

Ask questions if you feel like you need to and capture the happiness of a satisfying experience on-line, if it is for you.

Since the photos on-line do not always do the dresses justice, some even misrepresent the look of the dress, I wanted to share some that worked well for me. Here are a few gowns I found on Amazon Prime that you might be interested in getting for a special event that you might want to try for yourself. 


Langstar Sequins Maxi Dress


 Click to see dress details


Plush Zone Floral Print Maxi Dress


Click to see dress details


Huiyuzhi Womens African Print Maxi 

A Line Skirt 



Click here to see dress details



Kate Kasin Women Black Sequin Dress 



Click here to see dress details


I loved these dresses. Each one different in their own way but beautiful and came right on time. They fit accurately. They worked for the situation they were being worn for. And, they made me feel good, dressing for the occasion.  Hopefully you will find the right one for you.

Thanks for stopping by my blogpost. Hope you found it interesting, helpful or even entertaining in some way. Sending harmony, love and blessings your way. Peace!

25 comments:

  1. You have some gorgeous gowns. They look great on you and its lovely to know where to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gowns! I love shopping too and try to limit myself when browsing. it does help me to control the expenses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping online for clothes is definitely a hit or miss for me! I'm glad you were able to find some gems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a hit or miss situation. You just never know.

      Delete
  4. Oh how I love shopping! You have some really nice gowns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree that happiness is receiving your online order! There is no better sight than seeing your package waiting for you by your door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have rarely purchased clothes online. The one time I remember it was to help a cause, and the shirt was very low quality when I received it. At least it was for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lovely gowns.. I am many holics like workaholic,book acholic, shopaholic is also one of them. Whenever something catches my eyes i just go for it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so fun to experiment with fashion. Even more so, I'm sure when you're on a stage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I buy just about everything online for household items to clothes. But I can say I've never bought a gown online. I think you've just changed that for me. Your gowns are always cute and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great post. I can relate so much, I always get things I don't need, but way to often. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge online shopper! I can get so many different items from home to everyday things. I try to not get things I don't need and I feel online shopping has made that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to be apprehensive to shop online. However I've found that customer service is usually pretty great. I've had to send something back before and it was no issue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Online shopping is such a unique experience. I know they offer many deals there. But for clothes shopping I just don't appreciate all the having to return things when it doesn't work out. i much prefer trying it out in the store and then knowing it works when I bring it home after trying it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I like that too. But sometimes I dabble and take chances.

      Delete
  14. Online shopping is a hit or miss, especially for my figure. But I absolutely love so many of your outfits, I'll have to look into them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. My figure is weird too. I like trying things on at a store but sometimes getting things on line is helpful. You know!

      Delete
  15. Great post! I'm a huge online shopper! I try to not get things I don't need and I feel online shopping has made that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. everytime I go to shop for a specific occasion, I find so many cute pieces but not what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete