Google

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Ever Cold, Ever Jazz, Bye Bye 2016

As changeable as the image of the moon upon the water is the weather that comes with each new season.  And here we are at winter. Are you ready for the chill that is about to embrace us?
If you have yet to experience bone-chilling temperatures yet, then lucky you. For me, I do not remember experiencing a colder December than the one 2016 has brought us. I am hoping that this is not an indication of what is to come in the next couple of months that make up winter.

I have been feeling these temperatures since October. When I was in Russia, it was colder than it is now in December in New York City. I remember traveling through each town with a hat, scarf, gloves and boots, trying my best to keep warm because I was not used to those cold temperatures though I persisted through it all.

Even when I started to get sick because My coat was not warm enough, I entertained the idea of staying in bed to heal up, but never accepted the fact that I was too under the weather to do the tasks at hand. Because I always had an aching desire to perform in a place that is beyond my knowing, I pursued each stage with eager interest and with all that I could exert.  I had to orient my mind around being positive and staying in control of how I reacted to each, new experience.

It sure did bring sunshine into my life to hear the old-fashioned trio set the stage up for me to come and join them on the stage in Yekaterinburg at the Ever Jazz club. For one, I loved
the scenery looking at the great photos of Dexter Gordon, Billy Holiday and Dizzy Gillespie just to name a few. To have had a big portrait among those greats was like finding money in a coat a year later when you are down to nothing.

The ambiance of the jazz club was amazing and warm inside despite the ice that had formulated outside on the walk path to the venue. The audience welcomed me with great fondness and I felt so at home, it was almost like being in a room with family.

Thank God when you can come together with people from anywhere in the world for the planets highest good and the impressions resonates with you forming a revolutionary improvement over your mind than the ideologies that had been previously set. Left me with a strange, wild happiness.

And now, as I tread the cold sunless days that winter has brought us, I now have a clearer
picture of the world. Traveling gives you a timeless lesson that you cannot simply gain from a book or google search. It is only when you dive deep into the unfamiliar and scan the expanse of areas of places you have never seen that you break away from the chill of what has been misunderstood and experience the warmth of true wisdom. To explore is to actively learn and to discover new ways of thinking. And to discover new and fresh ideas, plays a huge role in the life that you live. In the upcoming year, I plan to do more traveling and to visit places I have yet to see. 2017 is the year to do more remarkable things and I know the best is certainly yet to come.

But even if all you’ve got in the world is the culture of the current wave, you can still share a deep and growing love for each other by trying to gain an understanding through asking question and clarifying what is real and what is myth. Life can be seen in two ways; you can chill on presumptions of the world or you can familiarize yourself with the world by seeking different vantage points.

 And the moments that I experienced will forever be in my heart. As is the performance I did with the Old-Fashioned Trio. What resonated with me about this performance the most was meeting a teacher from Chelyabinsk named Elena who knew of my music and videos and traveled 250KM to see me perform at Ever Jazz Club, because she had heard my music and liked it. What an honor to hear something like that!


Please check out the opening number that cleared the path for more great music to come in the hour we spent together on stage. The night started with a cover of the song “Bye Bye Blackbird” which is so appropriate for this time of year as we start to reminisce about 2016 and say goodbye to it while welcoming in 2017.


If you like the photos posted here from Ever Jazz Club in Yekaterinburg, Russia, please free to check out some of the others they posted here: https://www.facebook.com/JNoteMusic/posts/1275592319163528

Thank you for checking out my blogpost! 

36 comments:

  1. That is an absolutely wonderful story! I love how ideas come when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so cold here but not as cold as most parts of the country is. I love when ideas just hit me int he fast when I least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a cool jazz club! I don't think I have ever been to one like this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love what you find inside of a jazz club. So beautiful and classy.

      Delete
  4. Strangely we haven't been cold in Michigan and that jazz club is everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to visit Michigan but hopefully someday, the opportunity will arise.

      Delete
  5. "Life can be seen in two ways; you can chill on presumptions of the world or you can familiarize yourself with the world by seeking different vantage points."

    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a lot of cold here in the south! The jazz outing looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great thing. I wish I could be in a place where it is warm all year. I think I'd actually prefer that.

      Delete
  7. I'm from Chicago so I'm ALL about jazz music! I visit jazz clubs here and hearing live music. That cover of Bye Bye Blackbird was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is awesome. I need to check out the Chicago Jazz Scene. Sounds so cool.

      Delete
  8. It has been really cold here and the wind chill makes it that much worse. What a great honor for someone who loves your work so much to travel to see you perform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That left an amazing feeling that still resonates.

      Delete
  9. What an amazing story - there is something about jazz music that just seems to touch so many people. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah because it comes from the heart and is very meaningful.

      Delete
  10. Gotta love throwback music, these are great songs! Music makes everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a great read! I love all different genres of music, they sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean about bone chilling. We live in Texas where it usually stays in the 50s or 60s in the winter, but recently the high was 17 degrees. Oh my gosh that was cold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was so cold here in Upper Michigan a couple days ago but it has been in the 20s and 30s now. This sounds like it was a great performance. I love the song "Bye Bye Blackbird." Thanks for sharing this awesome video and your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song too. One of my favorite jazz tunes.

      Delete
  14. Up here in Canada its really cold right now, its awful and I try to stay inside as much as I can because I just hate it! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really. what part of Canada are you in? I love it there. Have never been there int eh winter. Be blessed!

      Delete
  15. What a wonderful post! I love Bye Bye Blackbird!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have been having bitterly cold weather here in my neck of the woods too. Not a fun of winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it has not been so bad here in New York. A little snow here and there but . . .not so much to paralyze the city. I couldn't believe I even went out, which is strange for me because I hate the cold, but, in 12 degrees weather. SMH!

      Delete
  17. super cool post. reminds me of michigan. it was always so cold there during the winter months. my aunt said it is freezing there now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in DC and we've not gotten as cold as we can. I want snow so bad. Kudos to you for steeping outside of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really. I hate snow though I know it is very good for the environment but not my favorite precipitation.

      Delete