Google

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Dance Away the Night Holiday Swing

I always enjoy watching old time black and white films where you see a jazz band doing their music thing and dancers getting wildly into the groove swinging and have always been tempted to learn the steps. If you ever wanted to learn, here is your opportunity.




Join the NYC Parks Department as they bring to you an evening of arts, culture and fun which they like to call: "Dance Away the Night Holiday Swing" which will feature swing dance lessons by the Harlem Swing Dance Society, live dance performances by some of their best dancers and live music by the JNote Quintet: : Kim Clarke on Bass, Danny Dalelio on Keys, Stephanie Jeannot on vocals, Herb Lewis on sax and Napoleon Revels-Bey on drums. .

This event will take place on Saturday December 3, 2016 from 5PM to 8PM at the St John's Recreation Center located at 1251 Prospect Place in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, NY. For more information, you can call 718-771-2781. It's bound to be a whole lot of fun and it's free.

Stop by if you can!  


16 comments:

  1. If I lived in NYC I'd be there. I love it when they put on events in parks. It's great. A great way to show off musicians and other talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I lived anywhere near the New York City area! I love going to live music events like this and I would love the chance to come out and support you. Maybe if you ever start touring down my way, I can make it to one of your events :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great event! I only wish I was closer so that I could take advantage and bring my entire family to enjoy the fun. It seems like ever great event this season is happening on December 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't I just love this - and if it was on our Mountain top nearby - I would be there! What fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will be near you one day. That would be cool.

      Delete
  5. What a great event. I love finding local events like this. Too bad we dont live close to you. Fun family night for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this sounds like a fantastic event! Sadly, I live a few states away or else I would definitely be going! Sounds like the perfect event for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a really fun event! Oh how I wish I was living back in Bklyn again! Its my hometown and if I was still living there I would most definitely stop by! Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this event sounds like so much fun! NYC is a bit far away from Southern Missouri, but it would almost be worth the trip there. Swing dancing has always caught my attention. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missouri. Wow. there is so much of the USA have yet to see. Maybe one day!

      Delete