Google

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pow Profiling

David A Powell Photography
It was the first Tuesday of my summer musical residency at Maliblu Oyster Bar in Lido Beach, NY and I did not know what to expect except that I would be sharing the stage with one of the best keyboardists in NYC who happened to be a mentor of mine named Wayne Holmes. It was going to be a duet and we were going to get through each set, sparking ideas based on the mood of the crowd and the night as it evolved.

I was thrilled beyond belief at the music, and the atmosphere. Imagine! All the positive feelings that can be experienced when you follow your passion.

The First Night
In light of the scorching weather that lied ahead of us, I gambled on the idea that maybe the two of us could both wear white and red to be on common ground. And we did!  

David A Powell Photography

A friend of mine, a great photographer that showcases his photographic genius all over social media named David A Powell decided to tag along and he took some of the most amazing shots of the event including both my Facebook Page and Twitter profile pictures that are currently featured on both pages. You must check out more of his photography works on Facebook here:  

More Music
Melodiaz Creation Old Flyer
On the third week, things up a bit and I was joined by a guitarist, Clyde Bermingham and a keyboardist, Traviso Milner. I guess you might consider me bragging a bit, but to have played with such amazing talent as what they showed me, leaves me in such a festive state of being. I am boasting about it because I can’t help but to celebrate the fact that the best of my summer days was surrounded by music.

I must say that the Maliblu sessions that happened each and every Tuesday were awesome and as the summer comes to an unofficial end, so does my love affair with playing on their awesome stage after eight fantastic weeks, as Maliblu is really more of a cool, summer hangout spot.

The Last Night
The last night ended a little differently than I had expected. I was joined by Melvin Palmer on guitar, Traviso Milner on keys, Carolyn Cole on Congas and a host of their phenomenal musicians like saxophonist Marc Narcisse, vocalist Deboralynne Cole, keyboardist Vince Coleman and more who stopped by, jammed with us and had me fighting back tears at how beautiful everything sounded. I felt like I was being showered with love and it was awesome.

Vince Coleman Pics

Now, I am taking an attentive gaze at the future. I am realizing that it is the tiny leaps you take every day that generates joy within. I am excited and looking forward to the sizzles of tomorrow.
Have a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend everyone and play it safe; especially if you are wukking up the parkway on Labor Day. Break out the flag and your water and make sure you keep watch of your surroundings including your distance from the float. Representing Ayiti to the fullest. How about you?  


Oh P.S. Just in case you were interested in visiting those social media pages I wast ellign you about to see the profile pic and more, here are the links:

My Website . . . http://www.jnotemusic.com
Enjoy!

36 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had such a wonderful time! I have not been out like this for AGES! I need to have a night out on the town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. It was awesome and I am so happy to have experienced a great summer. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures! It seemed like you all had a really great time at the event. I love going to locale music events and just enjoying the cultural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. Anything with music in it seems like it would offer for me a great time.

      Delete
  3. How incredible! I love live music of all sorts, so I can just imagine the feeling you get being in the midst of it all ON stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love music too. Yeah, that stage was amazing. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like an amazing time! There is nothing like great music and company and it sounds like you got to work with very talented people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curious about how you judged the crowd and changed music on the fly. Thanks for giving us a look into your world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, you look to see who is in the audience. Age, people celebrating their birthdays, couples. That often also determines whether you stick to the plan or maybe do something based on those factors, what might appeal differently to a 13 year old that might not have been on the list at all or to a couple married for 30 years that you could dedicate to them as an anniversary song in the midst of their celebration.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you had a great time. I hope that you get to enjoy something like this again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Thank you for your comments and well wishes. this is awesome.

      Delete
  7. It sound like you both had a wonderful time. I love that you wore matching colors- I want to do that with my husband too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so cute. I see couples color coordinate all the time. It is really nice to look at.

      Delete
  8. Wow, this is great to see! I never knew someone who performed at the Long Island beaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Those beaches are really nice and a great place for summer nights.

      Delete
  9. This is really awesome. What a great way to get out and have some fun! Loving the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had a great time and gave some amazing performances! I love that you love what you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I love to sing. I have loved it ever since I was a little girl and it stuck with me all these years.

      Delete
  11. This sounds like an incredible time and the I love the pictures that you shared. What an amazing memory you will have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I really did have a good time. It was awesome. Hope you had a great summer as well. Take care. God bless!

      Delete
  12. What an awesome experience to have. I am glad you had such a great time and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how amazing to be up there performing! What a memory indeed, and you totally looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! wonderful. Thank ful for the keepsakes as well.

      Delete
  14. This would be such an awesome experience! It sounds like you guys had a great time and that's so awesome that you performed! I don't think I'd have the bravery to do that! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. It was so much fun and in such a great atmosphere with the coolest of breezes.

      Delete
  15. Music seems to make everything better. I love even just cleaning my house when music is playing. This sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you are just like me. I love music as if it were a mandatory thing.

      Delete
  16. I would have loved to have been there to see this event. I bet it was a memorable experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have. Especially on days when it was like 100 degrees outside but there with the cool breeze, you didn't even notice.

      Delete
  17. This sounds like a really fun time. I love music, it gets me through so many hard times. This would have made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Proof that there is pay off when you follow your dreams! I love this!

    ReplyDelete