Google

Monday, June 16, 2014

Keying in Something Different

Saturday night, June 14, 2014, was a new and exciting experience for me.

See! I'm a singer and often go out with a heart to share my talent. No different this Saturday that just passed. I was ready to sing and do my thing, but something amped me to bring my keys.

I was invited to sing at the Poetry in Motion Event  at the Box in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn. I am loving the idea of discovering new venues in a Brooklyn, NY that provide and are open to entertainment of this sort.


Poetry in motion was hosted by Sir Miles High. With his gracious character and inviting appeal, he welcomed everybody in the place that night with humbling love.

Some of the artist that were scheduled to perform were Ras Osagyefo, Lady Moon and Jaydon, just to name a few. The show included a mixture of poetry and music and was awesome. The drummer was on fire and so was the crowd getting amped by the energy each performance came with.

When it comes to the keys, I use them basically to create new musical tracks or to practice singing scales and that's it. Yet this past weekend, I took out my keyboards, my stand and amp, set it up and when it was my turn to perform, I got behind it to play and sing.



How crazy. Wasn't bad. But good to know I can do it because I tried it and cannot wait to experience it once again. I keyed in something new into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment