Google

Friday, January 22, 2021

My Resolution to Write More in 2021

 One of my resolutions for 2021 is to write more consistently.

 


Writing is one of my favorite things to do. I have had a fresh appetite for adding strings of word to a blank page ever since I was in the fifth grade. I am hoping this year to write more boldly, much more often without abandoning the idea. Why? Simply put; because I am a writer.


One of the things I have started to do to try to rise to the occasion of consistently writing, is that I joined a few writing groups that encourage writers to write with a prompt. One is a short story group which made me realized that the 3000 words that they encourage you to write, is similar to writing just one chapter in a book. I love knowing the fact that if I can write a chapter-full of words, there is nothing stopping me from writing a chap book at some point. I am thankful for that.


The other group is a songwriting circle. The curator of the group gives a weekly prompt to enhance the motivation of the songwriters in the group.


Most of the times when I write songs, I piece together ideas based on what I am reading, watching on television or perhaps by a few chords that I come across when I am in practice mode. To have a guided topic to be influenced by, makes the piecing together of a new original song even that more interesting to do; especially because it challenges me to be more passionate about writing.


This week’s prompt was everything is gonna be alright. I invite you to check out the song that was written based on this prompt. It is entitled, “Everything is Gonna Be Alright.” All lyrics, music and vocals are by Stephanie Jeannot. You can listen to the song on Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/songwritersclubsd/everything-is-gonna-be-alright-stephanie-jeannot



If you like the song, let me know what you think. If you think I can improve my writing in some way, please share some encouraging words that might help me along my journey. Thank you so much for checking out my blogpost. Have an amazing day! 

3 comments:

  1. This song had a nice beat to it. You will do fine with son writing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beats are really good and I am sure too that you are going to do really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will do great. writing down your resolutions works wonders!

    ReplyDelete