Google

Monday, January 7, 2019

V is For Vitality

“Life is to be embraced while it still hugs back. 
Not everything has to be absolutely perfect.” 
– Karl Vick

I tend to find inspiration to continue on this journey with vitality and it comes from a variety of places like for instance, I have this radio show which I originally started to help me write my 30-paged college thesis on jazz, identity and racism and you will not believe the encouragement I gained through it recently.

Having the show helped me to research and discover more about the history of this musical genre which is also a culture that began on American soil by people of color. I could go on for life about the many different shows I have produced in the past three and a half years since it started with hopes to keep jazz from becoming a dying art, as vivacious to me as this art form is, but I am eager to talk about one of my most recent shows.

We all have a wealth of life experiences. We all wear coats of many colors and we all have had at least one shattering experience; but I have never heard a story quite similar to that of my last interviewee on the show. The interview inspired me in so many ways. 

You cannot imagine the sense of completeness I felt listening to my friend Bill Rivers who is the host and producer of his own television show, “Showcased Talent” talk about his amazing story. The fact that even with his experiences and the circumstances he had to face and yet he still reaches for the next rungs of life and success with renewed confidence brings new meaning for me to what building your hopes on the fact that you are still here proceeding in life with vitality really means.   


I am very excited because beyond just the audio file, I was blessed with a video feed of it. You can check out the visual component of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0srPrwuQIQ&feature=youtu.be



If you have a breakthrough story and are interested in sharing it on the air to let listeners know about who you are, what you do and your experiences that added passion and purpose to your life, please feel free to reach out to me via email at jazzonthejnote@yahoo.com

Here are other ways you can reach out and find out more about the show if you are interested:
Jazz on the JNote airs each and every Sunday evening at 7PM on http://theenglishconnectionmedia.com

24 comments:

  1. He is such an inspiration. And so are you. I really enjoy your music and your outlook on life in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so fascinating - history books rarely tell us the full story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, love finding new music

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember having an assignment on Jazz in school, and truly, nothing much was said in books. I'll have to check the video out. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I will be adding this to my playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like this show had a wonderful impact on you. Finding inspiration in any form is always such an important element of our life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jazz is so underrated. There is something very lively yet relaxing about it and it is such a unique sound.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a bit of jazz, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to get into listening to more jazz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting music! I will have to pass on to my son.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great that your radio show has helped you to discover more about the genre!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great to kick back and listen to on a dreary January day! Its good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you're invested in the artistry and career of your fellow artists. So awesome that you support one another in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. than ks, i'll add this to a playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jazz music makes me feel more motivated, active and dance happily even my boyfriend is not into jazz :)
    I look for this song and add to my playlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg just love it!!!! I live jazz music!!! I played trumpet when I was a kid!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm always on the lookout for new music, and really like jazz too! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think music is an inspiration for me. I think Finding inspiration and staying motivated is the best way to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love music of all genres. I really love how you music maked you feel

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed watching the video. I love jazz music! I hope it never goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great video - very inspirational for those who like Jazz :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. your enthusiasm and passion are contagious! I loved reading your post and hearing this interview!

    ReplyDelete