Google

Monday, September 4, 2017

The Reason Why I Sing!

While many things may tug at me for my attention, I find music to be the one I respond to the most.


Photo from Taste of Minsk 2017 provided by EMM Management
I am thankful mostly for the spring of life that it gives me which is why I have genuine enthusiasm to partake in the art of singing. From the cradle to now in my adulthood, singing gives me motivation. Even in my worst days when my strength is sapped like in the heat of summer, somehow God girds me with strength just to fulfill my passion.

You might wonder why I love it so much. Well, I can honestly say that music gets my heart pumping. It brings my world to life. It animates me and gives me ecstatic joy. It adds sparkle to the routine of my day and I am thankful for the wonderful gift of music, song and voice that God blessed me with and I believe this is what I was born to do. Singing is my purpose.


Photo from Taste of Minsk 2017 provided by EMM Management



I know my most focused attention dwells there but it is only because I am wading in the deep waters of love God gave me to embrace it with confidence. That is just one of the many reason I will forever sing of his mercies. Thankful for every open door of opportunity that he enables me to walk into.

You are Invited:

Perhaps I might interest you in one of the many upcoming singing engagements that I will be participating in.  



On Saturday, September 9, 2017, please join me as I get on stage at the Fort Greene Jazz Festival hosted by Eric Frazier. It will take place in Fort Greene Park located at Dekalb Avenue and South Portland in Brooklyn NY from 3PM to 7PM. 

Photo from Taste of Minsk 2017 provided by EMM Management
I am thinking this event will be one of the biggest of the annual Fort Greene Park Jazz Festivals yet, now in its 8th year. It is a free event and open to the public I think it will be something that will bring a spark of fun, joy and dancing in the streets of Brooklyn and am so excited to be able to share my talents there. 

Hopefully you can join us this Saturday. If so, see you there! 

26 comments:

  1. That's really refreshing and awe-inspiring to know someone who truly loves what they do. Like, really love it! This is all kinds of wonderful and don't stop what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do. It's like a crazy love I have for it. Lol! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. I totally understand you! i'm not the best singer but i do sing at church and I really love to dance. And when I'm doing that I feel my heart racing and so excited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can feel exciting. I live chorale singing too. Fun singing in a group of people with similar focus.

      Delete
  3. What a great reason to be doing something you love! I wish I lived closer so I could come see you perform :)

    Megan @ Ginger Mom & the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to sing too! I am awful but I love it lol. Good luck on your event this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Singing is my happy place! It takes me away from any problems I may have that day and takes me somewhere else. Keep going what you love.
    From: Calleigh Keibler

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh the lady with the beautiful voice. You know I can still hear you in my head since I first found your blog just after you had your fall. I so wish I stayed closer to be able to hear you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. Hopefully I'll be closer to you someday.

      Delete
  7. That is so wonderful to have a gift and to love doing it passionately. Such a rare combination. Singing is one of those things which a person does for themselves and yet brings joy to everyone around them.

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It can bring in joy when you enjoy what you are doing.

      Delete
  8. It seems that you very passionate about singing & music! I've always loved music. I played the clarinet from 5th-9th grade. I was in chorus from 8th grade until I graduated high school. I still sing, just at home or in the car. :) Music is so therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Very therapeutic. And woe! Cool to have been a part of something like that.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad that you're doing what you feel that God is leading you to do. That's very important!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your passion for singing comes across strongly in your post. It's wonderful that you're so passionate about your God given gift. I wish I could hear you sing, but I'm all the way in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could have the talent in singing. I love music festivals wish I could go see this one but I'm down south.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post was so great to read! It's awesome seeing others share their passions and I love how you're so passionate about what you love doing!! xo

    Talina @ Sassy & Dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally understand you! I'm not a singer but I really love to dance in functions. And when I'm doing that I feel my heart racing and so excited

    ReplyDelete
  14. do what you love girl! enjoy each and every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you found it girl. I hope you will continue to slay and never give up. Ps: love the look of the blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your music and voice is absolutely amazing!! I envy you because to me, music is everything. It's my make me feel good no matter what, but my voice sounds like a monkey trying to sing and I am way too shy to get in front of people like that! So in my living room, car, or in front of the bathroom mirror it is lol. Keep up the great work, I'll be listening!!

    ReplyDelete