Google

Friday, August 25, 2017

How Traveling to Minsk Changed My Life

The pleasing surroundings of Minsk had me in awe. 


Just the simple activity of getting up in the morning and looking out the window to see the beauty of this city in Europe, got my heart pumping. I cannot say that I am totally armed with knowledge about everything Minsk that I would like to have come to know with my own travel experience, but I can say that every minute spent there made me feel animated.

The beautiful waters of the Minsk Sea brought the atmosphere to life. If only I were as bold as a lion, I would have colored outside of the lines and dived into her waves. Yet still, just seeing this different world with my own eyes gave me great elation. If anything was worth changing for me, it would be to know more and to see more in the block of time that I was caught up in the rapture of the magnetic pull of this Belarusian region.

I can honestly say that I had a hard time getting to bed at night because of the time difference. It might have been midnight there but in New York, it was 5PM. That is a time of day when my strength is usually that of a bull pushing through the currents of time. And when its 10PM in New York, in Minsk it is 5AM and I can admit that in a New York minute, my strength starts getting sapped like in the heat of summer.  Yet still, often times, I am up to the wee hours of the morning like a night owl, still with the fire of enthusiasm to persevere in my preparations for success. But nothing like a little bit of pressure and a cup of some good old Americano coffee to cope with to help me in catapulting beyond my yesterday.

Each day it got better and better. I have so many vivid details of the antiquated buildings, the alpine backdrops, the birch trees that lined the highways, the lively and colorful places, people with a grandeur of soul, the food and the amazing music that tugged at my attention and absorbed into my memory. I met so many different walks of life with down home spirits that made me feel as if I squeezed right into the mold. Though we have different dwelling places, we are not that different at all; except for where we call home. So many good moments to keep stored in my cerebral filing cabinet.

I can say that it was a landmark moment in my life to be able to say that I shared my talents there. Artists from all over the world came on one stage under the lunar brightness for the
wonderful Jazz at the Sea Festival. It was valuable for me because I got to experience ambitious people with more years of experience doing what we do in action and it was inspiring. Imagine all the tools and the strategies you can learn just by watching someone else sharing their hand-tailored blessings.

What a great way to perfect my landscape of perception of how one can spread their wings and provide a full measure of joy through music. Evaluating their performances made me reflect on ways I could scale my own performances.  I can say that this musical journey was designed just for my own personal development and growth as an artist and musician.  

Not only do I love Minsk for the beautiful place it was but also because of how coming together in harmony with Belarusian musicians for a night of music made the land come alive for me. I even felt like taking off my shoes during my performance, so I could feel the energy of the land surge through my body.


It makes me see traveling through a lens of love. Traveling expands your understanding of the world. It brings heights of joy that ought to be felt. Traveling is like a veiled breeze on a scorching hot day; makes you look at the world which you inhabit differently. And so, to have seen Minsk in such a majestic way leaves me highly motivated. Traveling to Belarus was definitely one of the most moving forces that will forever burn like a blazing fire in my heart.


22 comments:

  1. The water would be amazing to me. I live in the desert so I dont get to see water like this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I'd love to see that side of the world also.

      Delete
  2. Whenever I hear about Minsk, I think of that Friends episode where Phoebe's boyfriend moves there for his job. The place sounds absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a beautiful place! Traveling will always give you something to learn and cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating place to visit. It is such a gift to be able to travel to faraway places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing looking place to visit, the sea looks beautiful - I would love to travel more of the world myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Minsk but it sounds like an amazing place to go to. I love anything related to water like rivers, oceans, waterfalls and more. It's kinda relaxing for me and I'd totally enjoy just by looking at the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time hearing about Minsk, and you have definitely piqued my curiosity. That festival sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That water is just gorgeous. I've never been to Minsk but I already know I'd love it. Maybe I'll be able to make it to the Jazz at the Sea Festival sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what an amazing, unique place to visit. I'm not too familiar with Minsk, but I already would love to see the JAzz at the Sea festival because it sounds absolutely incredible

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been to Minsk. The Jazz at the Sea Festival sounded like a great event to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How amazing!! I have only heard of Minsk from the tv show Friends, haha! It sounds absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see the Minsk Sea in person. It looks so beautiful. I will have to add Minsk to my travel list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like festivals and music events that offer a blend of different musicians and music styles. It's inspiring to hear how life-changing this experience was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post :) I had never even heard of Minsk before!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a Blessed Life to travel and appreciate other areas for your employment. Such a great once in a lifetime opportunity. So glad you appreciate and take in your surroundings

    ReplyDelete
  16. The place is so wonderful. Wish I could visit this place someday. I love to experience festivals and music events too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure i would enjoy that Jazz on the lake. That would be a lovely scene. (Gee Villaruz)

    ReplyDelete