Google

Monday, December 10, 2018

P is for Perhaps My Favorite Thing of All in 2018 Was . . .


I tell you, 2018 has been an interesting year. Thank God I can actually say that I was blessed to see it.



It took a plethora of ups and downs to get to this moment and time but, to be able to say that I am

here presently in the moment, once again to almost experience the end of another year, it is nice to

be able to acknowledge my favorite thing of all in 2018.


I walked into my 40th year fabulously with music and friends and family and loved ones and smiles,

laughter, and joy all around me. Not everyone has the opportunity but God kept me and that is

something that I do not take lightly.


So for all the beautiful people who have touched my life and has been a part of what I claim as true

inspiration, I honor you and thank you and wish you love and happiness in all that you do.


I have seen a lot in my 40 years and I can say, not all of them were the best decisions but to be able

to say, I have survived the turbulence and the sad moments because there was a balance of

so many happy moments that I can say, I have been blessed and I know it.


And with that in mind, I dedicate to you a rendition of one of my favorite songs and the tune that

made me want to sing when I saw my favorite movie, The Sound of Music as a kid and I saw Julie

Andrews singing the Rogers & Hammerstein tune "My Favorite Things."  If it had not been for that

moment, I probably would have never started singing or most likely would have never been so into

music and a vocalist who loves to sing more than eat today; and I'm a foodie so that means a lot.


This song was performed at the Creative Jazz Organization's Jazz Night where they presented a night

of music with the Lon Ivey Band which I had the opportunity of being the featured vocalist. The song

was performed at the American Legion Post 483 in Rosedale, NY.


I am filled with joy anytime I get to sing but this one especially because it is one of my favorite

songs. Hopefully it will created a smile in your heart as well.  You can check it out

here: https://youtu.be/pTLejHRZKZ0




Much Love and Many Blessings! 

24 comments:

  1. i wish i can sing in tune. P is for passion. I am glad that you are doing what you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes it is. You probably can. Much love <3

      Delete
  2. You sing so damn beautifully! I wish the instruments weren't so prominent :/. Thank you for sharing such talent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I didn't even consider the loudness of the music. But thank you for that. I will let them know to turn down next time. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful song and beautiful voice! Glad you are doing what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an incredible voice! I really love the jazz version of this song -great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this song so much. Beautiful lyrics and the movement of it gets me every time.

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear that you had a fantastic 40th...the songs and music brings me back in time. Its so soulful and beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I did. It was fantabulous all around. Thank you so much. :)

      Delete
  6. you have an amazing voice! wishing you a very happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so beautiful and so is your voice! Wishing you a year filled with happiness, love, and success :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You nailed it! Thank you, that should be on the radio!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented! Your joy and passion for singing is overwhelming and beautiful to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 40th Birthday, so a milestone birthday, looks like you had an amazing time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw it sounds like you had an amazing 2018! I love your cover of the Sound of Music classic! Wishing you an equally happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a chance to sing a favorite classic. You did an amazing job! Hope your 2019 is filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 40th Birthday first and foremost! I’m glad that you had a fabulous time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww happy 40th Birthday!!! Such a milestone!!! You also have one incredible voice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday to you! I hope this coming year is the best one for you yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did an amazing job! Hope you had a great birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did an amazing job! Hope you had a great birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated birthday! You look amazing at 40! Keep doing you, girl :) xo

    ReplyDelete