Google

Friday, September 14, 2018

N is for Nature of My Culture


The nature of my culture exercises influence in me.

The nature of my culture gives me the security of knowing my own beauty.
The nature of my culture makes me know that I am a fine work of art.
The nature of my culture gives me enough confidence and strength to be myself.

I feel at ease in my own skin.
I am glowing in melanin.
The Haitian in me is woven in the script.
I have all this culture, music and creativity built within.

The nature of my culture makes me want to be bold in the face of a blank sheet.
The nature of my culture makes me want to share my identity brusque authority.
The nature of my culture takes you on a journey over land and sea.
The nature of my culture makes me want to share a piece of my beauty.



I want to make you see why I have romantic gestures about the land.
I want to ease out the stigmas of this culture if I can.
And psyched that Chokarella gave me the opportunity
To share a piece of my cultural identity.




Thank you Prrrl for helping me out with this interview/performance.
Thank you Tadia for the call
and for having me on this Chokarella New York Takeover.
Such a dope event.
Thank you for checking out my blogpost!

24 comments:

  1. Nature and everything that is natural always inspires me to be the best that I can be as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fabulous to be proud of your culture. And this sounds like a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful voice and such a passion for music. My church goes to Haiti every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious. That is so awesome. I love that!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad your culture is a place that makes you feel loved and warm, this was such a lovely post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful expression...natural is beautiful...
    Stay blessed..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your voice and your white dress. Beautifully sang and touches my heart. I hope to listen to more of you work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great to hear and thank you for the compliment. I hope so too. :)

      Delete
  8. I am in love with your voice and culture. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. So nice of you to say. I love you too.

      Delete
  9. This sounds like such an amazing and interesting event. Thanks for sharing!! Glad it went well

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Definitely important to be proud of your roots and where you come from and share your culture with others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you put it feeling at ease in your own skin. You have a strong and vibrant culture when it can do that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like this was such a great event for you. Congrats! Keep doing what feels right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful! Your voice is lovely and glad you are able to speak about your culture and passion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this ode to your culture poem. Deep and I felt it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you love you sing and embrace your culture and nature of it. Always do what makes you happy and feel good about yourself. Definitely a lesson to always preach, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. One should always embrace their culture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Being proud of your culture and where you come from is so very important. This is such a great thing to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the handprint design, very creative... nature and culture is great combination.. nice..

    ReplyDelete