Google

Friday, February 1, 2019

On Reading Michelle Obama's "Becoming"


I am on a good start in trying to finish my 25 books by the end of the year.

That is only two books a month which is not so much of a demand, though it requires me to get the ball rolling on the reading thing. I mean, we are already in month two of the year. But I think I can do it.  



I finally finished reading Becoming by Michelle Obama and must say that it is an excellent book. 448 pages of words that are both engaging and inspiring as she talks about her life, her family, and being a part of the first black family to ever be situated in a presidential role. 

I laughed at times. Sometimes even found myself surprised at her remarks. Her words are edgy, provocative and motivating; especially for woman like me. Perhaps it would be a great book for young school aged girls to read as they journey into their purposes in this world. 

My favorite thought in the book was, “If we belong than so too can many others. I’m an ordinary person who found herself on an extraordinary journey. In sharing my story, I hope to help to create space for other stories and other voices to widen the pathway to who belongs and why” (Michelle Obama).

You can check out the book here if you are interested: "Becoming" by Michelle Obama.

"Becoming" by Michelle Obama

The audio book is even better because it’s read by the author who reads and projects different emotions and nuances with her voice, as the story unfolds. Love, Love, Love it!!! I listened as I drove, cooked in the kitchen or did cleaning around the house. The book never got boring and kept me interested in listening more and more. 


If you are interested in checking it out on Audible, join now and you can get this and 

another book for free for joining. Here is the link: Click Here To Join Audible







If you decide to read or listen to the book, I hope you  enjoy the read as much as I did. For me. it is an excellent book worth engaging in. What are your thoughts on this publication? 

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. 

Disclaimer: I am an Amazon Affiliate and may earn an fixed advertising fee if you are anyone should click on this link and become an audible member. 

19 comments:

  1. I love reading books since childhood and listening to stories is even more charming. I am sure , many more readers would love to read 'Becoming ' by Michelle Obama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book, and I loved it. I found it easy to connect with her words, and I came away so inspired and with a new appreciation for her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been curious to read this book for a long time! I am pleased it is entertaining. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a best-friend off mine is reading this book and she says a whole lot of good things about this Michelle Obama new book,I really want to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the book, I need to look for a copy soon. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing such good things about this book! I am definitely going to have to check it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Audible! So far, I have listened to four books this year! Sounds like you are on the right path to achieving your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is on my list of "must reads" for the year. I am curious to hear her thoughts, so I may just go the audiobook route. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love writing article but funny enough am not a book reader but would really love to check this out

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had more time to read books. Sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't read this book, but I'm definitely going to add it to my to-read list for this year.
    Good luck on your reading venture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting to read this book! And she will be in Austin! ekk cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becoming is on my list of "must reads" for the year. I hear that it's a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i havent read it yet. but its on my list for the year

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're doing amazing!! I definitely really wanna read Michelle's Book, She's so tremendously talented. Like, have you heard her sing?! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am currently reading this book now. I am such a fan of her and Barack. Not because of them being the first african american family in the white house, but because they are so in love and laid back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Michelle Obama, she is such an amazing lady and so down to Earth. I have not read it yet but plan to. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 25 books by the end of the year is a great challenge! Fingers crossed for you x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been very curious about this book, it sounds like you really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete