Google

Monday, January 21, 2019

Z is For Zwazo Ki Chante

So here we are at the end of the A to Z Challenge Cycle.

I think it pushes me to write more and to go from different angles trying to fulfill each letter and then learning new words because I definitely had not know many words that began with every single letter of the alphabet. I mean, who knew xu was a form of currency? But today because of the writing challenge, I like that it gives me the knowledge of new words. I look forward to soon starting from A again. 


MLK DAY

In honor of Martin Luther King Jr Day and his dream for freedom, I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes from the many zwazo de chante who inspire me as a chanteuse and songwriter to use my voice, the voice being the most powerful tool you own in your life. I mean, I am a songbird. Here are some quotes from some of the songbirds that I love a lot.  



“I could stand on the stage, facing the audience, 
knowing I was dancing down the barriers between us”
 (Sammy Davis Jr)

“Being a singer is a natural gift. 
It means I’m using to the highest degree possible the gift that God gave me”
(Aretha Franklin)

“Breathing, of course, is very important for singing. 
And while singing is exhaling, 
the inhaling process can make a huge difference to the sound of your voice”
(James A Cohen)

“Soul is the ability to make people feel what you’re feeling”
(Aretha)

“I am history, I am the future. I was and still am, 
because I always was and still am the truth”
(Anthony “AZ” Cruz)


I was thinking of Dr Martin Luther King Jr’s dream and the latter quote. AZ said that "[he is] history." Our history is a part of us. He fought for us to be able to experience the freedoms that we have today. We are the future that Martin spoke about though we still have a long way to go when the denial of basic human rights is less of a human crisis than some of God’s other children seeking survival from hunger for themselves and their children that they are not getting beyond the invisible wall.

Why is it that if we do not get our way sometimes, we feel so emasculated that we have to put up a tantrum?  I bet we will never see El Capitain looking through a lens of better
understanding of Mother earth that all of God’s children 

dwell on, on Twitter because toddlers with tantrums want what they want now; sometimes they even cry to have what they want. Why isn't humanity the eye candy?
  

I wish time would have permitted 

us to see  a “Dr Martin Luther King Jr” reaction video to 


today’s modern world on YouTube. Would have been 


interesting to hear his thoughts.




I HAVE A DREAM


With his dream in mind, it started me thinking about my own dream of becoming better at video editing. What better day than today when it is like 2 degrees outside to stay inside and practice on building up my video editing skills.

 I created this video for my song "Love No Limit." Music by Paul Garrod. Lyrics by Stephanie Jeannot. Tell me what you think about my editing for this video I made in honor of Dr Martin Luther King Jr's dream of equality and fight for freedom for us. https://youtu.be/WcL9ZVr9nwU





Happy Martin Luther King Day everybody! God's blessings upon you!

18 comments:

  1. Love this! Today is such a great day to take some time and reflect on our history and be grateful for what we have today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LMK. I'm so grateful that we had a day for him, he is such a great man, and nobody should forget that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a forever fan of MKL! He is so amazing and his writings are inspiring!

    -surekha busa

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need more people like MLK in the society. He is a phenomenal leader and one with compassion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he was. Such a wonderful person to look up to.

      Delete
  5. Love all of the quotes. They are truly inspirational. And Dr. King's legacy will live on forever. Such brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think MLK would be proud of where we are today but we have a long way to go. There will never be another like him, but we could use some leaders in the black community

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome that you're working on practicing your video skills! I bet that hard work will pay off :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post - it was inspirational. There is definitely a long way to go but at least we're working.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. So inspirational. We have made progress...still a long way to go...but there’s enough of us paving the way and making a difference fe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Martin Luther King, Jr. continues to be a powerful and necessary voice. A reaction video from him would certainly be a reminder that we are sometimes far from his ideals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all these quotes. MLK is so inspiring his legacy will forever change the world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great challenge! Maybe I need to do something like that for my food blog, but with ingredients?? Hmm.. Anyway - love the quotes. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post. Love this post. So inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Such a brilliant and inspirational person to celebrate, not only on MLK Day but every day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey gorgeous. Your voice is just amazing. Thx for reminding us of the great man Dr King was

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great challenge. I love all the quotes. Really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete