Google

Thursday, November 17, 2016

From rehearsal to performance with Stephanie Jeannot & The Tatarstan Filarmonia

Some moments we experience are forget-me-not moments. I can say, this was definitely one of those. I dreamed about it for a long time and then finally the day came to perform with an orchestra at the philharmonic hall in Kazan.



It was amazing! It was a moment I will never forget. It was one of those performances that I still can't believe that I got to see because it was a dream that I was living awake. 

I sang twelve selections: ten jazz and two R&B tunes. of the ten, two were duets with Oklahoman vocalist, songwriter and Piano player, Tavis Minner. of the two R&B selections, one was a cover of a Donna Summer tune and the other, a cover of a popular and very danceable Whitney Houston tune. 

From rehearsal to performance of a cover of Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Stephanie Jeannot & The Tatarstan Filarmonia Orchestra at the Tatarstan Filarmonia in Kazan, Russia. Check it out here: https://youtu.be/9gYWpaezYyY




Video was created by a capture of the rehearsal mode and short clips taken by members of the audience during the live performance who shared them with me.

Thankful for those who posted pics, and videos and communicated with me who were in the audience and shared with me. Thankful for the visual memories as well as those within that are stained in my heart. 

God bless! 

18 comments:

  1. You simply amaze me. I hope this doesn't come across as trite, but I have always - always - wished I had the gift of song. It transforms you, really it does. Congratulations on making a dream come true. This is simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any gift transforms when we use it. Thank you for the motivating words. Have a great day and week. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on living out your dreams. Very little of us actually do this anymore. Keep on singing❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as God allows, I will keep on. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. So awesome to be able to live out your dreams! So many of us think about things but never do them! I love that you are documenting this! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine told me to document things so I tried my best. So worth it!!!

      Delete
  4. What an accomplishment, honor, and unforgettable day. Congrats! Just watched the video and it sounds amazing, such talent on that stage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was unforgettable. Definitely a chapter I will keep coming back to for the rereading. Thank you for watching the video as well.

      Delete
  5. What an amazing experience. It's so great when hard work pays off. I loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you, girl! I can't imagine the opportunity to perform with an orchestra at the philharmonic hall in Kazan. I haven't even heard them in person but would enjoy the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the live thing for any musical performance is always amazing. Much better than any video.

      Delete
  7. Such an amazing experience for you. Like you said, something you will NEVER forget. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Keep it up girl...you are the picture of success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is absolutely awesome! For sure it was an experience of a lifetime or you. Congratulations!

    -Lynndee

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great life to be living out your dreams everyday through song! Music is so special to me, and I can't imagine being able to do it every day as a living. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I is interesting I must say because it is a true experience with each performance or with each musical thing that I do. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything int he world.

      Delete