Google

Monday, September 19, 2016

Time Machine by Stephanie Jeannot live at Bishop Loughlin High School

As a professional and hard-working woman, I will admit that when the day is going slow, I am often craving for the end of the workday, constantly looking at my watch as if time will go faster by my checking it every five minutes. Then the buzzer sounds and free time quenches my desire as I run off like speedy Gonzalez into the horizon and onward home. I have no viable excuse for wanting to get out of there except that sometimes, the fortune I seek at that very moment is some very valuable relaxation time at home.

But then it happens. I rush away from the workplace so fast, only to hit the hysteria of traffic that is only moving in baby steps. The road rage that hits me could have other drivers thinking of me as being snobbish because I become overcome with rage sometimes when the crazy drivers decide to do exaggerated driving tricks in the midst of bumper to bumper traffic. At that point, sometimes I wish I had a time machine to bleep into the future, into my home with my pajamas on, enjoying being in a peaceful state and place.

And so, I wrote a song, based on that. It is entitled “Time Machine:” and it is featured on my new cd, Finally JNote which is currently available at CDBaby here: http://bit.ly/2cX5Rmx

I was excited to perform this song before a group of my students at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School in Brooklyn, NY and it was such an awesome experience.  It was the first time I ever shared this song before a crowd of people and I did it with the Bishop Loughlin Alumni Band.

What made a difference in my world was that it wasn’t just my voice echoing back the lyrics as I sang them in the high ceiling room. The kids were singing along with me as if they had heard the song before and I was so happy.

The performance and their response was my reason for writing today. Their singing along with me attracted the experience of me sharing this with you. And so, I want to invite you to check out the live performance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuQswGxrmM


Tell me what you think of the song, of the performance, and/or of the band. Your responses are golden. Thank you for all those who partake in reading, watching and, or leaving me a note. 


21 comments:

  1. Its is always awesome when you get a chance to share your gift with others. I am glad that you had a great time with the students and that they enjoyed your music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really did. It was so much fun.

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine that feeling when they started singing along with you. I think we have all shared that feeling that we need to be anywhere but where we are. Everyone should be able to relate to your song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feeling was great. I love those kids so to see them react that way was so meaningful.

      Delete
  3. You have a beautiful voice. That's so awesome that your students sang along with you during your performance. How special that must've felt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yeah it was so awesome.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new song, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It so awesome how pumped they were! I absolutely love the song, your voice and the beat! It is FANTASTIC! Awesome job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope a lot of other people will also feel the same way. That is one of my favorite songs ont he entire project.

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is really good! I just kept thinking how nerve-wrecking it must be to perform in front of so many people! You seemed so at ease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I still get those butterflies sometimes but it is so worth it. I love to sing! A lot.

      Delete
  7. What a awesome opportunity that you had! Super awesome that they started to sing with you as well. I can relate to the lyrics because I often find myself thinking the same things daily. Keep up the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great performance! Such a special moment that they started singing along with you. I can relate so much to this song. Sometimes our most frustrating moments bring about our creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God for something to let out our steam with such as creativity right!

      Delete
  9. That's so awesome!!! I've always thought that having the creativity to be a song writer would be amazing!!! Personally I'm better at singing them in the shower or car than actually writing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think I would love to hear you sing!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing your post. You have such a beautiful voice. Your creativity and good spirit will benefit you for decades to come. Keep up the great work and never stop with your dreams and goals!

    ReplyDelete